Day 6 ~ Class Review

     Today in class we talked more about the importance of the different terms that we learned in the previous class. Such as how we went over the definitions again and it helped me have a better understanding of the terms and how they applied to ancient Greece. I feel like having the class discussions helps me better understand what is being covered in class. For me, it is easier to retain information when my fellow classmates are sharing there thoughts and opinions about the topics in class. Toward the end of the class period, we also talked about the effects that 9/11 had on the John Carroll community and what took place on this day throughout the school day. We were told to go home and ask our parents one thing that they remember from 9/11. My father says "I remember that I was at work watching it on TV in disbelief. Everyone was scared and confused and concerned about what was happening in New York." My mom says that she was teaching and was with a group of parents and students and she remembers hearing tires screeching into the parking lot to pick up their children because they were scared about other possible threats. She says "it was very difficult being with a group of children that I had to reassure that everything was going to be ok when I didn't know what would happen myself."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 55 ~ last day of the semester

Day 54 ~ Guns, Germs, and Steel Test

Day 50 ~ Guns, Germs, and steel